Friday, November 20, 2009

An Explanation about Twitter

For the technologically impaired, I'm going to explain Twitter, and how I'm using it for the Parliament.

If you look to the right of this post, there is a box that says "Twitter Updates," and has a short list of blurbs and sentences.

Twitter, to quote the ever-reliable Wikipedia, is "a free social networking and micro-blogging service." A "tweet," or the micro-blog, is a little blurb of 140 characters or less submitted by a user via internet or cell phone. If you choose to follow a certain user, their tweets will show up on your home page (or be delivered to your cell phone as a text message) as they come in. For those of you familiar with facebook, this is similar to continuous status updates.

The box that you just looked at, to your right, is my Twitter feed. Since I'm assuming most of you don't want/have an account, you can see my updates here. I will have my cell phone with me at the Parliament, and will send frequent tweets to tell people what I'm up to.

For example, when you see "Hearing the Dalai Lama speak!" you will all become nauseous with jealousy.

If you wish, it is possible to set up Twitter on your cell phone and receive tweets (including mine) as soon as they occur, right on your cell phone.
www.twitter.com
My username: maggieolsonpwr

Either way, I encourage you to keep an eye on the Twitter box as you read the blog. I'll be doing some cool stuff with even cooler people, and I'd love for you to be a part of it!

Thanks for reading! I'll be back soon!
Love,
Maggie

2 comments:

  1. ohh actually i knw about twitter but the whole concept sounds so weird!!i mean if I'm in your place than its k coz u will be meeting with some big ppl so yeah it wil sound kewl haha!!actually I'm thinking of joining twitter as I'm an athlete i get to meet a lot biggy sportsman so twitter here i come!!!haha keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, don't worry, it definitely took me a while to figure it out! It is kind of bizarre, but it's actually a pretty good way to keep in touch with news!

    Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete