Saturday, November 28, 2009

In the midst of our travels...

Currently, Margaret and I are sitting in the Chicago airport. One flight down, three to go, and the excitement is brewing like Felix Felicis on Friday the 13th.

So far, we have only experienced two airports and an hour-long flight, and already epic events have ensued. For example, the first official Australia Trip Quote (ATQ) occurred. As Margaret and I were boarding our flight, we noticed that the first class passengers got to walk on a red rug as they scanned their tickets while we economy class folk had to walk on the bare carpet, which was a much less pleasing color (imagine if someone vomited granite). Margaret was saying how inconsiderate she found this gesture, and I myself uttered the first ATQ:

"I feel like such a peasant!"

Much giggling followed. We also experienced our first Remarkable Sighting (RS), in the Minneapolis airport. As we waited to board our plane, a tall man walked by wearing jeans, boots, a button-down shirt, sunglasses, and a haircut and muttonchops so Elvis-esque that they would've put the King himself to shame.

As if Mr. Presley wasn't enough, he was accompanied by a none-too-small woman dressed in head-to-toe brown-based animal print garb. Margaret cunningly referred to her as his "cougar," as she was getting up there in years.

Truly a trip highlight. And we haven't even left the Midwest.

However, the real excitement leaves peasantry, Presley, and prints looking pale in perspective. Just moments ago, I saw a woman looking through a magazine with the same color scheme as the Parliament program book, and I felt a jolt in my stomach. This is really happening! Margaret and I are on our way to a historic event, one that brings together religious leaders and students from all over the globe in an attempt to foster communication and understanding, a concept once unheard of. This truly is history!

We probably have 24 hours of travel yet ahead of us. But it'll be worth it.

Keep watching our Twitter feed, to the right of the post.

Peace. And thanks for reading.
Maggie

P.S. To those who have witnessed me at my vertigo-laden worst, I had NO vertigo on the flight! Thanks to God, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Lakshmi, Ganesha, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute - bottle these feelings, quotes and impressions, they are important, significant and the true fabric of life. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I was on the PWR site...is Jane Goodall really going to be there? That would be a childhood dream come true! I hear Johnny Kleg playing in my head as I imagine you in the same room as Ms. Goodall. OMG! Loving the posts and tweets. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete