Monday, December 7, 2009

Just a quick update...

Hello everyone.

I PROMISE I'll write a nice, long entry later today about everything I learned today and yesterday. I PROMISE.

Yes, I'm still sick. More sick, since my symptoms are starting to multiply. Oh boy, it is so awesome to be me. I've been giving it "one more day" for over a week now, and I'm just done.

As a result, I'm officially coming home on Thursday. I should be back in Plymouth around 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. I'm staying for the rest of the Parliament, meeting up with a friend in Melbourne tomorrow (I'll explain later), and then flying to Sydney Thursday morning and then home from there.

Yes, it is an absolute shame that this trip failed so epically. But that's life.

Thank you again for all your love and support. I love you all, and I PROMISE there will be a nice, lengthy, relevant entry later.

Much love,
Maggie

4 comments:

  1. Maggie! I'm so sorry that you're feeling sick and that the trip is cut short! I can't wait to hear what you've learned (other than avoidance stragegies with regards to stomach pain) :) Miss you on 4th floor! Nicole L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we re-think the definition of fail? That is a word that does not belong! There is nothing about this trip that failed. Certainly there is disappointment fail? I think NOT! Cannot WAIT to get my arms around you!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Maggie,
    You have not failed - you have just had to take a new turn on the trip. I am proud of you for recognizing this. Both your Mother and Dad have called me tonight to tell me about your plans.
    I look forward to hearing about the Parliament, what you have learned, and how some of it might cause changes in your thinking. This has not ended the way you wanted it to, but you have grown and matured in this experience.
    Take care of yourself and know that I love you lots, Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie,
    You are amazing. You have shared so much wonderful information. I can't even imagine all the experiences you have had. I am so sorry you have been ill and am grateful to the 'mothers' who cared and loved you. Hugs and Love Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete